Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fetching



I have been knitting longer than I've been doing this blog so obviously there are things I've knitted over the past wee while that I can show you too, and not just works in progress.

I returned to knitting with a vengeance around Easter this year and then subsequently discovered loads of knitting-related sites on the internet. One of the first I discovered was Knitty and the first ever thing I knitted from a website was Fetching. It was also the first item I've ever attempted on double pointed needles so I was delighted with the way they turned out. They're knitted in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and only took one 50g ball. I bought two just in case I needed the extra so I might do another pair in the New Year. It's a very popular pattern out there as I've seen them on various sites in every colour going.
Anyway, they're getting sent off to Santa as a stocking filler for my sister. (I'll keep the 2nd pair for myself!) Excuse the fat hands, just shows you they really are one size fits all!

No comments: